I Guds namn, Den Barmhärtigaste, Den Nådigaste
Do Messengers of God come with Proofs?
Does God send messengers with proofs?
To whom are these proofs destined or meant?
The answer is very clear in the Quran.
We can very easily apply simple and pure logic to know the answer to both questions;
(1) God sends messengers with PROOFS. e.g. 64:6; 57:25; 40:22, 50, 83 ; 35:25; 10:13; 9:70; 7:101; 5:32; 3:183,184.
(2) ONLY the Believers can appreciate or see these proofs. 2:118
(3) The disbelievers do NOT see or appreciate any kind of proofs, 6:4, 25, 35; 2:145; 7:132, 146; 10:96-97; 30:58; 36:46; 37:14; 54:2
(4) God KNOWS that the disbelievers will not see or appreciate the proofs,but He never stopped sending the proofs with His messengers.
Reading the above 4 points can lead any person to know the simple answer to these questions.
Does God send messengers with proofs? YES HE DOES.
To whom does God send the PROOFS? TO THE BELIEVERS.
Who ask for proofs ? IS IRRELEVANT.
THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT MESSENGERS ARE SENT WITH PROOFS AND THESE PROOFS ARE SENT EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE BELIEVERS.[64:6] This is because their messengers WENT TO THEM WITH clear proofs, but they said, ”Shall we follow humans like us?” They disbelieved and turned away. GOD does not need them; GOD is in no need, Praiseworthy. [40:22] That is because their messengers WENT TO THEM WITH clear proofs, but they disbelieved. Consequently, GOD punished them. He is Mighty, strict in enforcing retribution. [40:83] When their messengers WENT TO THEM WITH clear proofs, they rejoiced in the knowledge they had inherited, and the very things they ridiculed were the cause of their fall. [35:25] If they disbelieve you, those before them have also disbelieved. Their messengers WENT TO THEM WITH clear proofs, and the Psalms, and the enlightening scriptures. [10:13] Many a generation we have annihilated before you when they transgressed. Their messengers WENT TO THEM WITH clear proofs, but they refused to believe. We thus requite the guilty people. [9:70] Have they not learned anything from the previous generations; the people of Noah, `Aad, Thamood, the people of Abraham, the dwellers of Midyan, and the evildoers (of Sodom and Gomorrah)? Their messengers WENT TO THEM WITH clear proofs. GOD never wronged them; they are the ones who wronged their own souls. [7:101] We narrate to you the history of those communities: their messengers WENT TO THEM WITH clear proofs, but they were not to believe in what they had rejected before. GOD thus seals the hearts of the disbelievers. [5:32] Because of this, we decreed for the Children of Israel that anyone who murders any person who had not committed murder or horrendous crimes, it shall be as if he murdered all the people. And anyone who spares a life, it shall be as if he spared the lives of all the people. Our messengers WENT TO THEM WITH clear proofs and revelations, but most of them, after all this, are still transgressing. [3:183] It is they who said, ”GOD has made a covenant with us that we shall not believe in any messenger, unless he produces an offering that gets consumed by fire.” Say, ”Messengers before me HAVE COME TO YOU WITH with clear proofs, including what you just demanded. Why then did you kill them, if you are truthful?” [3:184] If they reject you, messengers before you have been rejected, even though they BROUGHT PROOFS, the Psalms, and the enlightening scripture.
HOW ARROGANT ??!!
GOD is so Merciful that when He presented Himself to the people and asked them to believe in Him, He PRESENTED HIS OWN PROOFS.
On calling on the people to believe in Him, God did not just ask the people to hope for the best, or ONLY ask for guidance or never to ask for a proof. God presented Himself with the proofs. God is so Merciful, He knows that the human being, to whom he gave a brain and held responsible, needs a proof and He gave it to him/her.
SEE; 2:164; 3:190; 6:46, 99; 7:26; 57, 58; 10:5-6, 67; 13:2-4; 16:9-16; 16:78-81; 20:53-54; 20:128; 27:86; 30:19-27; 45:5, 13; 57:17; 27:93; 30:20-25; 30:46; 31:31; 40:13; 40:81; 41:37-39; 42:29-32; 21:32;
And even when the human beings asked for more proofs He gave them more. He did not make fun of them but increased their responsibility. e.g. 5:112, 7:143; 2:260; 17:101; 2:67-73; 2:60
Can any normal human being think that God who presented Himself with proofs will send the human messengers without any ?
HOW ARROGANT is the human being who thinks he is better than God, and that he does not need a proof to support a claim he made about God. ?!.
WHO NEEDS PROOFS??!!
History repeats itself; Some Muslims have been saying: ”we believe that the Quran is from God, we do not need the Mathematical Miracle.”
So, What are the miracles for, then?! Why does God send His proofs (miracles)?! and for Whom?!
If we study Sura 63 we will find that the hypocrites told Muhammed that they bear witness that he is the messenger of God, while in their heart they had all the doubt in this world in his message and his messengership, they actually were not believers, they want to cool the Prophet off by their statement so that he does not have more proof on them.
History repeats itself. Many Muslims these days claim to know the Quran is the word of God but instead of following the Quran they follow the other man-made books. A good reason for the messenger to complain to God from them because of their deserting the Quran, see 25:30
But let us see who asked for the miracles (proofs)and to whom did God Almighty say He is sending the miracles to !!
(1) God in the Quran is teaching us that His best and strongest believers asked for more proofs (Miracles) to strengthen their already strong beliefs. Abraham was one of those and so was Moses who even asked for more than Abraham, he asked to see God.
(2) The disbelievers and the hypocrites cannot witness the miracles (proofs) of God because they already made their decisions not to believe and according to God system (no compulsion in religion), they are not the ones who witness the miracles. They usually refuse any miracle (proof) presented, and even if presented they cannot see it.
(3) God very clearly in the Quran is teaching us that the miracles (proofs) are sent to be witnessed by those who already attained CERTAINTY, 2:118. It is not to be witnessed by the weak believers or the hypocrites.
(4) When God sends His proofs-miracles like the Mathematical Miracles of the Quran, He sends them to be witnessed and for specific reasons, see for example 74:31. He does not send them to be thrown aside because they are not needed. God does not create or send things for no reason. God knows BEST.
(5) Those who claim they do not need the PROOFS-MIRACLES are usually the ones who need them most but they do not know it. A true believer never reject or refuse a proof from His Creator. Those who claim they know the Quran is the word of God and do no need its proof are usually the ones who deserted the Quran for the fabrications in the Hadiths and Sunna books. Their objection to the proof-miracle sent by God is objection to the book they claim they believe in.
In brief: the proofs-miracles of God, are usually needed by the strongest of His believers and only witnessed by those who attained certainty. Those who refuse the miracles of God are usually the hypocrites and the weak believers who do NOT know what they are missing.
Praise be to God.